Thursday, June 14, 2012

Finally freedom, omaha, nl propsite, locked bankroll and shitty internet.

Omaha, NL and little play
As I said a couple of times before, we are just about to finish up class and turn in all the final work. Got superlate with one of the projects which was unfortunate but she desperatly demanded all works to be submitted again in a CD, who the f*** still uses CDs in 2012? Anyways, this period has been the two weeks with very limited play, played some NL on my phone during bussrides etc but that is it. Won small amounts of cash except for the 7th when I dropped a whopping $200.

Thursday (7 th)started out awful as well, played 50 hands and lost 2 buyins. I 4-5table PLO btw and maybe I should start to play fewer tables while I am learning. I believe that 4tabling FLSH is probably around 8 PLO/NL-tables in terms of focus and time but I am comfortable with that level of FLSH since the action are a lot clearer for me. Maybe I should 2-4table PLO for awhile. Ill have to try and see.

Here is a hand btw that is kinda jucky. I am not really sure how well I played this hand. First I was disgusted and thought of check/folding turn but then I thought about what range he could have calling the flop and I thought I could discount set/straights a little (maybe 50%, i dunno this player so much) since I believe he would shove a lot of these and then I didnt like to fold vs 2pair with a draw to a better twopair + secondnutflushdraw so I decided to shove. I also have a 9blocker.

$0.50/$0.50 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 5 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $48.50 (97 bb)
SB: $26.83 (53.7 bb)
Hero (BB): $50 (100 bb)
MP: $141.64 (283.3 bb)
CO: $77.25 (154.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K of hearts 9 of hearts 3 of spades K of spades
MP raises to $2, 2 folds, SB calls $1.50, Hero raises to $8, MP calls $6, SB calls $6

Flop: ($24) 6 of diamonds 8 of spades 5 of clubs (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $12, MP calls $12, SB folds

Turn: ($48) 7 of spades (2 players)
Hero bets $30 and is all-in, MP calls $30

River: ($108) J of hearts (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $108 pot ($3 rake)
Final Board: 6 of diamonds 8 of spades 5 of clubs 7 of spades J of hearts
Hero showed K of hearts 9 of hearts 3 of spades K of spades and lost (-$50 net)
MP showed K of clubs 9 of clubs 3 of hearts 8 of hearts and won $105 ($55 net)


What do you guys think about the flop, is it too weak to checkfold this flop? I first thought it was disgusting but then it is pretty lockdown and thought I would get a decent amount of folds.

_____________________
Bankroll = LOCKED!
Since I have been temporarily blocked at sites (due to the new spanish licensing) where my br is spread out and cannot make withdrawals from these account then I have been forced to deposit thru my normal bank account. It is a psychological barrier that I generally do not like crossing (and almost never do) but the situation is so peculiar now so that I am fine with it. Still sucks a bit thou. Gonna go back to sweden thou soon for the summer and then I will be able to withdraw and play again! Also pretty excited to try pokerstars mobile client on my phone.


Internet in spain
During my 7 years of playing, I have never had so shitty internet as I do now. I dont want to try to count how much i have lost getting disconnected this year, but I am sure the sum is a respectable amount of this years winnings. I have tried to do things about this, and the situation has improved, but just got disconnected two times today. Gonna go back home to stable internet in Sweden this summer and then I am going to move. And when I move, I am probably going to wire the shit instead of going wireless because this is insane and its not about the money, I just hate the feeling of getting disconnected. The 30-60 seconds when you pray that it will stabilize and the following minute when you literally cook inside of frustration. Well, I try to take all bad situations as a sort of test of my character. I can choose to dwell on it or I can just breath, relax and take it with ease. The choice is solely mine.


Plans this week;
I will play at least 10 hours this weekend (15-17th) but will fly a little so hope not to get "jetlagged" but in the coming week I will try to play 2,5 hour-sessions 2-3 times per day but take maybe monday-tuesday off poker (the weekends are so good so cant do a normal work week). I have written a schedule for this summer and I hope it will be a great balance between life, fun projects and poker. Gonna look into it more and post here later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#navbar { height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; } #navbar { height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; }