Sunday, March 23, 2014

December, january, feb and march-results and a short mini-return during springbreak!

Monthly results since dec 2013

The quarter is over and all the sleep deprivation, anxiety and stress as well as my recent flu have almost left my body. Yesterday was the last presentation and I pulled up 4 tables when it was all over. I quickly noted that my focus wasnt there and decided to rest, watch some tvshows and come back tomorrow.
With the limited action available to me here, I am gonna go against my wishes and play both FLSH and PLO at the same time. FLSH I can autopilot pretty well while my B-game in PLO is a bit worse. I played a lot during christmas back home in Sweden and had the best month in like 3 years but I took out 85% of those winnings and since then, I have lost about 3k$ in like 10k hands. That means that I am inclined to play lower and so I have been playing at 0.5/1 SEK (equiv 8c/16c) with perhaps some 1/2 SEK mixed in. Good enough for me, I played xx hands, hit a few hands and played vs some fish that paid me off handsomely. Up 200ish$ after 95 min play!
Im gonna try to mark more hands and also use slice for EV-calculations. Perhaps I should be even more serious and create flashcards? In PLO I often call a bit too much, especially vs shortstacks, especially on paired boards with some sort of shitty draw + overpair or whatever. I should be able to calculate situations like that a lot better, the other day I made a call that I calculated was like 15 BB EV. It was something along the lines of me 4betting vs a utg raise, a min3bet with AA, flop came like 733 and UTG shoved. I kinda reasoned that a 3x would be kinda unlikely with a utg-raise/call but then that was just a stupid argument since the guy was like a 60/40 and thus have a lot more 3s then most players. Anyways, I dont remember the stack/betsizes but I just wanted to illustrate a situation were I loose money.
Anyways, gonna be active with posting hands etc these following days, I go to Hawaii on the 26th and I will play 8ish hours per day until that and perhaps some over there too.

Update: Won 404$ yesterday, lost 200$ish today though.
Here is a hand I played kinda shitty. The thought was that very few combos of 34x would call a 3bet pre, then even less would call the flop and then even less existed because of my blockers. I also thought it would be kinda unsual for any AQ to play that way and that he wouldnt put me on 34 either. I guess though that a lot of regs would play any set that way which didnt cross my mind.

 Boss, $1/$2 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 4 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $501.19 (250.6 bb)
Hero (SB): $377.13 (188.6 bb)
BB: $896.03 (448 bb)
CO: $447.62 (223.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K of spades 5 of spades A of hearts 4 of hearts
CO raises to $4, BTN calls $4, Hero raises to $18, BB folds, CO calls $14, BTN calls $14

Flop: ($56) 5 of hearts A of clubs Q of diamonds (3 players)
Hero bets $28, CO calls $28, BTN calls $28

Turn: ($140) 2 of diamonds (3 players)
Hero bets $70, CO folds, BTN raises to $350, Hero calls $261.13 and is all-in

River: ($802.26) 6 of spades (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $802.26 pot ($15 rake)
Final Board: 5 of hearts A of clubs Q of diamonds 2 of diamonds 6 of spades
BTN showed A of spades 4 of spades 3 of spades 5 of diamonds and won $787.26 ($410.13 net)
Hero mucked K of spades 5 of spades A of hearts 4 of hearts and lost (-$377.13 net)
CO mucked and lost (-$46 net)

No comments:

Post a Comment

#navbar { height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; } #navbar { height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; }